Sai Kung Waterfront Promenade, Sai Kung, Hong Kong
The MTR system's Tseung Kwan O Line currently has four stations in Tseung Kwan O New Town. The new town is also served by a comprehensive bus network that connects it to Kowloon via several main roads including Tseung Kwan O Tunnel and Po Lam Road.
Hang Hau Road and Ying Yip Road link Tseung Kwan O with Sai Kung Town and Clear Water Bay. The nearest MTR station to Sai Kung Town is Hang Hau.
Some of the most beautiful and thus isolated parts of Sai Kung Peninsula can only be reached on foot or by boat. Where a destination is accessible by public transport, it is usually served via a complicated network of bus routes. Information on certain bus routes may be found here.
The details of bus and minibus routes going to Sai Kung Town are as follows.
- Bus route 92 from Diamond Hill (MTR) Station
- Bus route 99 from Wu Kai Sha (KCR) Station
- Bus route 299 from Sha Tin Town Centre (near Sha Tin (KCR) Station)
- Bus route 792M from Tiu Keng Leng (MTR) Station
- Minibus route 1 from Telford Gardens (near Kowloon Bay (MTR) Station)
- Minibus route 1A from Choi Hung (MTR) Station (The most popular method)
- Minibus route 101M from Hang Hau (MTR) Station (Quickest way from Hong Kong Island)
Scheduled ferry services also operate between coastal points on the peninsula and in and around the islands.